Blizzard’s Overwatch has just been released for over two months and it is still gaining in popularity. In fact, famous celebrities have even played this game. This is a testament that Overwatch is the fastest growing first-person shooting game of all time.
With that being said, a lot of people still do not know exactly how to play Overwatch efficiently. I mean yes, you can choose your character, shoot at other players; basically the whole gist of the game. But, there is more to it than just that.
If you do not know how to play Overwatch the right way, then here are the 5 essential tips that every Overwatch player should know.
Have fun outdoors with the hoverboard skate electric scooter from hoverboardfr, available in many options and colours.
1. Team Composition is Key. Now, you might have defected to this game from other first-person shooters. In other games, the team who has the most kills usually wins the match. But, that is not the case with Overwatch. In Overwatch, team composition is vital. As you can see on the character selection screen, there are different classes of characters. These classes are the offense, defense, tank, and support classes. The best way to win fights is having a mixture of all of these classes in your team. There need to be at least 2 offense characters, at least one defense character, one tank character, and at least one support character. Obviously, you will have the option to choose many of the class of characters, but balance is key.
2. Don’t Save Your Shots. There is a reason why this game has unlimited ammo. In Overwatch, you are encouraged to fire all of your bullets in your weapon to damage the enemy. This actually improves aim over time since you will know that whenever you fire your weapon, there will always be some enemies that are around.
3. Listen to Audio Cues. In Overwatch, there are certain audio cues you can hear in the game. These audio cues can sometimes point you in the right direction (like saving the objective, for example). Audio cues can also help you discern if an enemy player decides to use their ultimate. Each and every character has something to say when they use their ultimates like Junkrat saying “Fire in the Hole!” or Soldier 76 saying “I got you in my sights”. It is essential that you have a nice pair of headphones or a pair of speakers to help you listen to some audio cues.
4. Always think about the objective. It is easy to just forget about the objective and just kill as many enemy players as possible. But, I’ve had many instances where players would lose sight of the objective and thus, lose the game entirely. Never stop thinking about the objective. Do you just want to rack up some kills or do you want to win the game? If you want the latter, then go for the objective.
5. Character counters. In this game, there are certain characters that can counter other characters. For example, Bastion is usually the bane of all other characters except for Tracer and Genji. Both of these characters are very agile and Genji has this ability to deflect and return fire to anyone who is firing at them. Use Genji’s deflect ability to instantly kill any Bastion players that fire at you. If there is a particular player character that is killing off your team easily, then choose characters that can counter them.
Overwatch is a really enjoyable game and I like that this game emphasizes more on gameplay and team composition rather than pure skill and kills.
Overwatch is available on the PC and it is also available for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 game consoles.